Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 27 June 2007

I'm baaaack!

Wow, it has been a really really long time. 3 months since I stopped blogging. First as you all know we were given a decision to make about relocating on the other side of the country. It was a scary decision but one we knew our family was strong enough to withstand. Once we arrived here we had a spell of very bad luck. We were in a hotel for ages and just on June 1st did we finally move into what we now call home. It is temporary, we just had to take anything (it's a rental and not very big, We all feel crowded). There is a terrible housing crisis here in Edmonton, meaning the prices are now sitting at an average of 500k for a standard 3 bedroom home with no frills. OUCH! Too high for us at the moment. rentals are at a 1% vacancy rate. So all that is available are your little dank dark apartments. We were really fortunate to find a beautiful place albeit small. So many things have happened since the move, we are definitely a stronger family, and we all are homesick, but feel this could be a permanent move for us. Edmonton is WONDERFUL despite the hardships we have endured. One thing I can safely say is I wish we moved slower and took more time, and I wish we had found a place to live before moving. Living a "rock star" life in a hotel eating nothing but take out got VERY old VERY fast...

Lastly, I should have continued to ask myself "What would Martha do?" LOL!! Planning planning and more planning, that's what she would have done!

Sorry it's been so long. I hope you'll all come back and see me regularly as I have some HUGE news to reveal very soon!


XOXOXOXOX




The old me:

The new me:

6 comments:

  1. I was SO happy to hear from you!!
    I have thought about you so often! I had worried but hoped, that once you could, you would get back to blogging and in touch with everyone.
    Moving is one of the hardest things imaginable and it takes awhile to get your balance. It sounds as of you are really getting back to normal and settling in. You will find the right place eventually, of that I am certain.

    I too know what it is like to live out of a hotel for awhile and in apartments that do not fit right. But if it is a nice one, that is one blessing! Albeit smaller than you would want!

    I am sending hugs and hoping we can catch up soon!

    How is your son adjusting to his new home??

    Hugs to you dear Coleen!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you are back and doing well! You look so good! I would come by and check to see if you had posted every once in a while...I'll get you added back on my daily check list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I found you via Jolene's blog, when I clicked on you I did not expect to find you from Edmonton! Small world. I live there too, transplanting from Wiinipeg in 2005.

    The housing thing I so hear you on that, our mistake was not buying something when we moved here so now we are in the same spot of holy crap the houses around us have doubled (and then some)in price since we have been here. We are praying that our landlords don't jump on the greedy bandwagon anytime soon. We have a pretty good deal going right now.

    Anyways nice to meet you. I'm pretty new at this blog thing but stop by mine anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm soooo glad to see you again! and you look great!!!

    and the prices for your three bedrooms are the same as a three bedroom here. freaking ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:25 pm

    Hi! I had just found your blog and was enjoying it and then it stopped! So glad you're back! Keep up the blogging and we'll keep reading -- best of luck with your new life, Cathy P.S. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad your back. Did you see that i used the banner you made me?? Missed you soo much. I hape the news is baby possibly???
    I wish you the best and am so glad your back!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...