Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday 28 June 2013

Mommy, Daughter Date Night

I was stumped. Out of ideas for tonight's date night with Miss Roo. We live in a small town and I was certain we were tapped out of things to do together.

When taking a quick scan of my Facebook feed a local cafe had posted they were having live entertainment early evening. The singer, a local girl, was just 13 so I thought it would be just perfect fit our date!

We arrived and picked our spots. Right up front in two cushy chairs. Then I went up and ordered it goodies. Two kiddie hit chocolates and a giant Nutella cookie to split. Total cost was under $5.00

I expected a cute tween singing radio crap with an average voice. What we got was a beautiful young woman, with a rich voice starting what I'm certain is the beginning of a brilliant music career.

This is Jessica Lockwood with the cafe owners after her performance.

Jessica sang radio songs yes, but she added her own flair to them in a way that made them richer. 

You can see her sing Ed Sheeran's song The A Team here


A really unexpected thing happened afterward. Something So incredible and beautiful. Roo came straight home and asked Aussie to borrow his guitar. She wanted to learn how to play guitar. She saw this beautiful girl sing and play her guitar and was inspired to follow suit. Adorable!

Roo trying to play her brothers guitar.
 Have you ever been inspired by someone to try something new?

5 comments:

  1. She has a beautiful voice!! That's so sweet that your daughter was inspired to pick up the guitar after her performance. There's a local-ish restaurant/tavern we go to that has amazing live music too, and my daughter (2 1/2) is always captivated by the performances.

    I'm fortunate enough to have been inspired by many people to try new things as well as change/improve myself in various ways. The world is full of inspiration - you just have to be open to receiving it! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in a world full of inspiration, you're right, it's all about being receptive to it.

      Delete
  2. Aww what a great experience! I can't wait till DD1 is older and I can have Mommy and daughter dates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's truly one of the highlights of life with my little girl. You have so much to look forward to!

      Delete
  3. I would say that's a success! what a great and unexpected night with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...