Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 6 August 2007

Update on my Dr.s appointment

I went in thinking they would be doing an ultrasound. I was so excited! It was a bit disappointing to find out that I have to wait until I am 20 weeks to have an ultrasound done. She doesn't see any sense in "burdening" the health care system with ultrasounds that are just to see a blob. Whatever. (I was crushed). Then she did an internal, Apparently I look pretty good inside (ewww) but then the bleeding started again, she said I have NOTHING to worry about as far as the bleeding goes. I have a sensitive cervix, and she said I am likely to bleed all through my pregnancy. Then onto the Doppler to hear the heartbeat!!! Yay I was so excited.. She found it almost right away listened for about 10 beats then stopped and asked me if we have a history of twins in our families. I told her Chris does... She commented that she was hearing "an echo" and that rather than have me come back at 20 weeks she wants me back at 16 and she will requisition the ultrasound then. She said sometimes the echo can happen because of the position but she said there may be a possibility of twins... The colour drained from my face...

OMG- Now I have to wait another month with that on my mind...

The bottom line is that the baby(ies) doing fine the heart beat was 169 which she said was nice and strong. This jelly tot is sticking around!

16 comments:

  1. How exciting! Oh my, waiting a month to find out if it's two..what torture! LOL Glad everything went ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful News.... I was wondering how things were going.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just FYI, "you" inherit the ability to have twins, not your husband. When I was pregnant, they also thought I may be having twins and I had concern over that because my father-in-law was a twin and my dad has twin brothers but they said I would inherit it from my mom and her mom, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that everything went well at the appointment! Wow! Twins?! I think my color would drain too from my face...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See all that worry for nothing. Everything happens as it should. "twins" maybe you are getting more than you bargained for. Unable then MORE than able. Your family completed in one package, couldn't be all bad??? then again. they arn't 2 yet!lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What news!!!!!
    I can't wait to hear the update!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:31 pm

    Oh my gosh! She should have done an ultrasound. I can't believe she said that and now you have to wait a month.

    Are you going to find out its sex?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my heck....that is very exciting! That is just torture to make you wait a month after giving you that kind of information. I hope the time passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing I noticed at the Royal Alex when I had Jillian was there seemed to be ALOT of pictures of multiple births on their picture boards along the hallways?? Hmmmmm maybe it is something in the water?

    Hope you are feeling better. I have been back to Wpg for a visit and just caught up. I'm so sorry to hear things have been rough on your son. We are definately fortunate to have my Aunt living here, it definately helped make the transition of moving somewhat easier. Hugs to you guys, I hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so behind and just now catching up. I have been reading but was unable to comment!

    Now I can tell you how worried I was about you and now, it seems I should
    give you a hug of happiness!

    I am so glad you are feeling better and that the exam went well. Now, you must keep us all posted as we will be so anxious to hear what you hear!!

    I have kept you in my prayers and in mt thoughts. Even when I could not write you, you were in my heart.

    Love and hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay...just me again. No post, yet again, from dear Coleen. I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and hope all is well.

    I send hugs and love!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same for me. hope all is well. Looking forward to a post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:17 pm

    Where are you??? Hope everything is okay...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting!! I'm so sorry you have to wait so long with so much to think about. Hang in there and enjoy the ride. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:14 am

    Congrats on your pregnancy... and OMG about the heartbeat echo!! My husband and I just found out we are expecting, too... and he has twins in his family... HE is a twin, and one of his older brothers also fathered twin boys... waiting anxiously until we find out what's up downthere!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...