Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday 13 July 2007

Pregnancy

It sure is strange being pregnant again. Unlike many moms, my kids will NOT be close in age. Fertilly issue have forced us to have a very large gap. Austin was born OVER A DECADE AGO! (Pick your jaw back up, that look is not becoming!) I know it's shocking but it's a fact. So being that Austin is 10 we've already been having "The Talks" for quite a while and he has sex ed in school. When we told Austin he was gonna have a brother or sister he looked at us blankly for a second and then said... " Oh gross... That means you guys did it" I laughed so hard and Austin was clearly traumatized.. There comes a time in every kids life where it occurs the them that there parents still have sex. I remember when that day happened for me. I too was traumatized so I understand.

Second on my mind is that I signed up for this great weekly newsletter that talks about the babies progress each week. Austin and I read it together, I figure it will help him with his fears to know exactly what's going on in there. Each week it gives you an idea of the size so the first one I got said it was the size of a Raspberry, so for that week austin had a nickname for it. Last week it likend it to a lima bean so that was what he called it. This week it was a grape, so that's what he calls it. It makes my day to hear it, it's so funny/cute. This morning when Chris was leaving he said "love you, and the little grape too!" I guess he likes the nickname too.

I am so blessed to have what I have already and more and more I notice how my heart sings as result of these little moments...

I am loving life right now more than ever. (Too bad I can't stop throwing up...)

Love,

Coleen
XOXOXOXO

11 comments:

  1. Hope u are feeling better soon. That morning sickness is no fun. I had it for three months with my girls but with my son I had just a little nausea. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:50 pm

    Congratulations on your pregnancy! Austin's reaction is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Oh gross... That means you guys did it" That is priceless ROTF here.

    Age gaps can work too ask me with my 13, 6 and 2 yr olds. Dang that infertility stuff. But it has worked quite well in our situation.

    M/S I so feel for you there. Try Ginger-Ale, I dranks tons with Jillian (haven't since LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you Coleen....and not to worry about the large age difference between them. I think Austin will be a big help to the little grape. :o) Take care of yourself. It will be fun to follow you through this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Austin's comment is so funny! I know he'll be a great big brother. I hear ya on the throwing up....I just got back from doing that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ugggggh. well, at least you get a wonderful prize after all that hurling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:54 am

    Congratulations Coleen. This is wonderful news. Enjoy every moment.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not been able to check in until now...I am SO very happy for you dear Coleen. So, so happy.

    Hey, my kids are 16 years apart and they still tussle like they are both 5!! : ) How can a 25 year old be like that? Oh yeah...he is a guy! *laugh* But they do love one another.

    I was almost 11 when my brother was born. I adored him from the very start. I am betting that Austin will be such a huge help and be a fantastic big brother. Please give my congratulations to your husband and son.

    I am sending HUGE hugs....

    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! I just popped in after being awol for a while and read your news. CONGATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    That is so funny about your son knowing what you guys "did" to get pregnant! lol
    I also have a wide range in ages. 12 years between my oldest and youngest! It's really different having them so far apart, but there is also so much joy in it! You will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Colleen! I just stopped by for the first time in a while and am very excited to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon but you couldn't have gotten a better Birthday present!! Happy Birthday to you!! I know your birthday is sometime this month or so so enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...