Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 30 July 2007

Really Bad Night...

Austin had a HUGE breakdown last night. Cried all night and said he wanted to run away. He doesn't want to be here anymore and if we don't take him home he will'' find his own way" to get there himself basically threatening to run away. He has NEVER done anything like this at all. I sat up most of the night with a blanket so he couldn't get by me.. We reminded him that we're planning to go home next summer and he didn't care, said he wants to go home now, not next year. I cried for hours and when I tried to go back to bed at 3:00 he was still awake crying... He said he feels like we don't care about his concerns and that if we did we wouldn't force him to stay here. We talk about nearly everything with Austin, except money. So it's hard for him to understand why we can't go now. The truth is our savings are gone after spending months in a hotel at $100/night... We need time to save money in order to go home...Chris said he's gonna look for another job at night that will pay more. There's really nothing I can do at the moment. Chris said as long as I can pull in enough (once I am given the all clear) to cover the groceries and small things that he can do the rest. He doesn't want me working full time right now and thats what I was hired to do. He told me to concentrate on finding something part time. He's gonna bust his butt to make enough money that maybe we can go home by Christmas. Austin seemed relieved at the thought we might go home sooner. Our lease is up December 1st, and Chris wants to go then. I am just sick with worry and I wish we never came here to begin with.

My advice to you: If you are really close with your extended family and are contemplating a long distance move. Make damn sure you can really handle being away from family before you go. And don't bother trying to convince yourself, you won't be fooling anyone.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had such a rough night. Seems as though Austin is at the age where things bother him more than they may have before. I pray that all goes well and that you guys can make the move back home safely and as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor you - it's stress like this you don't need right now...hang in there - prayers for Austin that he comes to understand you're not doing this to be mean.

    maybe you should talk to him about the money and how it factors into not being able to move right now. he's a pretty dang smart kid...i think he'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 pm

    Hi Coleen - glad you finally blogged..I was wondering about you. Regarding Austin, I think if you and Chris can be positive, it might rub off on Austin...he can probably feel your discontent...kids are so acute to our feelings...I know it's hard when you're feeling sick! You poor thing...I'm thinking of you and wishing you well with your decision. ~Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...