Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Chopping My Kids Hair, For Cancer

Recently my kids reached their goal of growing their hair to a length long enough to be donated. We selected an organization that takes your hair donation to make wigs for children who have list their own hair as a result of cancer treatments. It was bittersweet for me. Bitter, because I was sad to see my daughters hair go. I'd invested so many hours into maintaining it, and it was so beautiful. No that's not even a good enough, it was long, lush, shiny, healthy and stunning.

The hair cuts were also sweet for me because I was thrilled to see my teenage sons hair return to normal lengths.

I battled cancer for nearly 3 years and the decision to donate their hair came while I was still sick. In January 2012 I found out was finally in remission, so this event was a wonderful way to celebrate and give back.

Have a look to see how beautiful my daughters hair was when it was long. Also you get to see their before and after photos.









I'd love to hear what you think!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post.
    Yah that you're in remission!
    I am so impressed with your kids sense of charity and wanting to make a difference. I'm sure they'll make a bunch of kids really happy.

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those are some great hair styles you did with your daughter. The great thing about hair is that it grows back! Both kids look great with their now "dos".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...