Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 15 December 2012

How Santa Gets In Without A Fireplace

Not unlike many others, my family and I live in a home without a fireplace. We don't miss it one little bit. The exception to that statement was last week when my beautiful 4 year old daughter had a bit of a meltdown when she realized that the chimney was the entry point for Santa.

In her mind without a fireplace there could be no Santa. No Santa? No presents.

I promised her we would leave the door unlocked so Santa could use the front door and all was once again right with her world. Until bedtime, when she was clearly rethinking the whole thing. As a natural worries she decided that if the door was unlocked for Santa, what was to stop a bad guy from also entering and stealing all those gifts left earlier by the big man?

You see, not only is Roo a worrier she's also famous for being a drama princess, daughter of a self confessed drama queen. So you see, she comes by it honestly.

"Ok honey, we'll figure it out tomorrow, I promise." Once again she seemed appeased at my answer and off to bed she went.

I started Googling and found that you can buy special Santa Keys like this one. Well ok, but it's now too late for me to order and frankly by the time I pay for it and shipping it's going to be an outrageous price that I'm not willing to fork out. That's when the wheels of my crafty brain begin with a squeaky start. I know I've seen cool keys like this before in frames at the dollar store.



I knew it was going to become a neat mother daughter project. Simple and sweet not to mention inexpensive! I found our perfect key, and some holiday ribbon. A thin band of glue around a decorative section then Roo sprinkled glitter to give it just a touch of sparkle! We tied the ribbon into a hanging bow and we were all set! Here is a close up of the detail.




Can you tell she was totally impressed with herself after knowing we'd be safe with Santa having a key. Frankly it never dawned on her that the "bad guy" could also use the key, but we'll cross that bridge if the need arises. Fingers crossed it doesn't because I truly have no further plans.



This is what it looks like on our door! Cute, festive and best of all it didn't cost me a small fortune!


If you are like us, and lack a fireplace you can make your very own Santa Key! How does Santa get into your house? Roo and I would love to hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...