Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 10 December 2012

Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe

 
Every year I take part in a cookie exchange. I have a love hate relationship with it to be honest. I love getting all my holiday goodies by spending only one day actually in the kitchen, but I dread actually finding a recipe that is affordable, not labor intensive and most importantly; delicious!
 
Every year it starts off the same way. I spend ages scouring the Internet for something I haven't yet made. It has to appeal to my family because they will be my guinea pigs. This year I found a cake mix recipe that sounded pretty good but nothing about it said "Christmas cookies" so I altered it to suit my needs.
 
It began as a simple chocolate crinkle cookie and ended ans a mint chocolate crinkle cookie. I really enjoyed them as did my family. In fact my son (Aussie-15) asked me if I would bake him a couple dozen to take to his friends the next night. It passed the teenage test but then they are human trash compactors. The real test was in how they would be received at the cookie exchange.  From the comments of people who I witnessed eating one, it seems they were a great choice.
 


The ingredients were very simple!


Perhaps I shouldn't admit this, but the recipe was so easy my four year
old (Roo) was able to do it on her own. Only asking for help once the
dough got too stiff for her little arms to stir!


Learn from my ignorance. I actually enlisted my daughter to help me smash them by hand.
What a mess! I can safely tell you that I have since learned that you can buy
crushed candy canes seasonally at bulk food stores.



This was a HUGE mistake. In theory it was a fun idea, but once we began
we realized it hurt, and it was messy!


The finished cookies, Festive and yummy!
Ingredients:
1 Box of Devils Food Cake
1/4 Cup Oil
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Crushed Candy Canes
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350F
Mix crushed candy can and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl
In a separate large mixing bowl mix eggs and oil together
add cake mix to egg/oil mixture and stir with a wooden spoon, forming a stiff dough.
Roll into 1.5" balls
Dredge balls in the candy cane/powdered sugar mixture.
Place balls about 2" apart on a cookie sheet
Bake Time: 12 minutes.
Yield: 36 Cookies

Do you participate in a cookie exchange?

What are your favorite holiday treats?




6 comments:

  1. Okay, those cookies look & sound delicious. And those antlers, priceless!

    I am a big mint chocolate nut this time of year and have actually been trying to make a recipe with candy canes but nothing working out yet. I too, did the ziplock bag + hand smash up. It does hurt, a lot. Next time meat tenderizer and counter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well don't these look delish! we were just crushing some M&M's for one of our projects today, we used a rolling pin and went to town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just bookmarked this!!! Thanks for sharing! I don't know why I didn't think to put candy cane bits in the crinkle cookies! This is pure GENIUS!!! Thanks for sharing! Making these tonight! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Had to revisit this. Soooo drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way. My sorrority did one this year. Thank god my mil offered to bake for me...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...