Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday 12 January 2007

The George Family

Recently a serious subject has been on my mind. The deployment of more US troops and how it effects our families at home.

I have no friends or family oversees or even in the military at this time but I have a wonderful blog buddy named Jolene whose son is in the military. She is the reason I have been giving this so much thought. I love her to bits and she is truly a remarkable woman. Just like you and me but every thing is larger in Jolenes world. She seems to have a larger family, more mouths to feed, tons more laundry, gives everything she had to friends family and her community, gets a ton accomplished EVERY day and has a love of family that is admirable in the highest sense. Every day she makes me proud to know her. The other day she opened up to us about being a military mama whose son was leaving. Seeing some of the pictures and reading her words were devastating to me as a mama myself and as a human. The heartbreak she feels could not be any worse. I actually sat here and sobbed. I cried so hard for her and her family that I gave myself a headache. We always think about how hard it is for the men and women to go off and serve their country. We must also think about their families left behind with gaping holes in their hearts. The constant fear of the unknown they must feel is terrible. Not just worrying about if they might be killed or inured but also if they will come home "broken mentally". It makes me truly sad that this war is tearing families apart and causing so much residual pain. It takes men and women from their children and partners. It takes children from their moms and dad. In Chads case he leaves behind a huge family of 4 brothers, a beautiful fiancee Sandy and a great extended family. All of these people hurt and we sometime forget that. I pray t is not all in vain and that it is for more than just control of oil.

Jolene, I love you to bits and I want you to know I am thinking of you! I know that you and Sandy have needed hugs lately, I hope you get them!

If anyone would like to send a care package or letter to motivate Chad while he is away. He would love it. Many of us will be doing it to show our support and to keep his morale high. Kind of like an adopt a troop type thing! More details can be found on Jolenes site or by going to Suzies Q's site to sign up. But I will post the address as well:
PVT George, Chad
2125 GSU-Delta Co.
1-158 Inf. Azarng
3238 Butner Road
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Andi, this was a wonderful idea, I am so thankful you put it out there for us all to take part in!

Thanks for listening!

Oh and for those of you interested I have had some success with my New Year's Resolution! You can read about it at Coleen Slims Down.

Love, Coleen
XOXOXO

9 comments:

  1. Coleen, what an absolutely wondeful post!! We all love Jolene and her family to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so cool how the blog world has connected so many of us.. and this is just one great example of that. Very thoughtful post Coleen, I know this will bring a smile to Joleen's face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also was really touched by Jolene's story. It's been so cool to get to know about her and Chad and her entire family.
    You're right--we often forget about the families left behind!! Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:35 am

    So very true....so very sad.
    It's ashame that the military members job is war at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Coleen...what a beautiful post. Just so beautiful...
    You are a very special lady you know...I think the world of you!
    Let me know if you want to do January or later. I want you to be happy!! : ) YOU make ME happy just by being YOU!
    Thanks again for this sweet post.
    Love and hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coleen, many of us have broken hearts knowing that not just our dear Jolene but thousand of other Mothers, Fathers, Wives, Sisters, Brothers, Girlfriends, etc. are missing and praying for the safe return of "their" soldier. And as friends we need to hope and pray right along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:36 am

    How sweet of you to post about Chad! I know Jolene will appreciate it so much! We are connected in so many ways and I am so thankful for all the new friends that I have made through this blogging world. It just proves that there are still soooo many good people in this world...even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it! Thanks Coleen for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh....you made me cry! Thank you so much for this. I really do love and appreciate you! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:44 pm

    Great post Coleen! I too have been thinking similar thoughts lately... especially when I came across a great organization thats right up my alley... www.oplove.org I will be offering their services to soldiers and their families from CFB Trenton... so if you know anyone- spread the word! I am thrilled to be able to give back to them even a little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...