Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 8 October 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!


This is my first Thanksgiving away from my extended family. Of course I have Chris & Austin to celebrate with but it seems strange with out my Mom, Dad & Sister. Almost like it's not "REALLY" Thanksgiving. Of course as we get older and our lives change, so does the way we spend our holidays. We can't always be "home" for the holidays. This is something I have to get used to. Other than one Christmas when mom went home to Ireland, we have always been together. Being apart makes me miss them and be thankful for them all at the same time. I still talk to them regularly since the move which is great, and we've seen each other fairly often. But I am still really missing them right now. I have so much to be thankful for, The best child a parent could ever imagine, a loving husband who is always on my side, and a really close extended family that is always there when you need them. I only wish everyone else could be so fortunate.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, may it be a wonderful one.
    and thanks for the unknowing reminder, I have friends in SAsk & a Canandian gal in one of my scrap groups. for once I can be ahead of the game! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 am

    Happy Thanksgiving, Chris, Coleen and Austin....Tis a day to give thanks the important things, for family, good health, love and the little things that mean soo much...like A+'s and that beautiful smile of great accomplishments..way to gooo dear Austin...Grandma is sooo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:46 pm

    I'm away from my family during the holidays too -- and after 20 years, it's still sucky! I miss them a lot, but you get more used to it over time. And you make your own traditions...

    And living in So. Calf. beats the cold winters of Chicago...so there's a slight tradeoff. When we first moved west, I think I went home 4x year the first year, then a little less each year. So I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...