Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 15 October 2006

**NEW LAYOUT** Dirty Socks


So my best friend Julie has been gone for a couple weeks. Her and her hubby John went on a fabulous vacation to the Netherlands, they also skipped over to France for a quick stay in Paris. They went to see the Eiffel Tower. Wow! Is it just me or have there been a lot of people in France lately. Many people from the scrap world were there recently too. So John & Julie have just returned and I can't wait to see their pics. She is not a scrapper (Weird eh?) None of my family/friends are. Just me... Not that she isn't creative enough for it. She could be. I think...

A few weeks ago, I was telling her about this bunch of photos I have of Austin and his grubby socks, and how I want to do a layout of them titled "Dirty Socks". The problem was, I couldn't think of something cute to do. She casually pops out with "Why don't you do a laundry line with socks on it or something like that". I loved the idea and I told her so. So I shopped and surfed the net for one item that I had to have for this idea: mini clothes pegs. Well I finally found them and this page is the result of Julies brilliant idea, and my creativity.

12 comments:

  1. Very Cool Layout! I may have to scraplift the idea of using clothespins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea...nice team effort. Don't you just love it when an idea comes together?!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. There is always a lot going on around here. Hope to see more of you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:38 pm

    it's a very cute layout! the socks across the top are so clever and I like the dots that frame one of the photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:58 pm

    Very cute, I love the little clothespins. I had two thoughts. First, make the socks dirty, or perhaps add some stripes to the tops of some of them so they aren't all the same. Second, I thought maybe you could work more of that striped paper into the layout.

    But it really looks great as is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clothespins are adorable--as is the whole concept. Those are the moments to scrapbook don't you think? Chances are...the dirty socks are something you may have forgotten about when he was older had you not cropped it. I love that about this hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:53 am

    Hey there!

    Just got your comment off my blog, so I'm here to check out yours!!!

    Email me jenn.metzger@sympatico.ca I'm from the Kitchener area...you???

    k i'm off to lookie :)

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great layout!
    tell that girl to start scrappin, obviously she has the knack :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:50 pm

    Wow! I love your page. I think you need to talk Julie into scrapbooking.

    Absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:42 pm

    Hi Coleen,

    I love it. I would add a bit of chalk to the socks and maybe run an inkpad around the edge of the entire layout to give it a *dirty* look. It's a big step using the inkpad though. If you've never used it before and you like the layout, you might want to leave it as it is. You might hate the inked effect.

    The clothespins are so cute.

    If you're happy with it, I would leave it. :)

    Hugs
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout...the whole idea - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:53 am

    Well you guys work great as a team! What a cute idea!! The only thing I would change is maybe to triple matt your pictures. The main one anyhow needs a darker border...it would make the pic pop a bit more. Maybe the same dark blue cardstock from up top. Thats the only thing I would change! Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:37 pm

    How cute! I think adding some ink to LO would be a great finishing touch. Practice on some leftover of the paper you used in LO. Also 'dirting' the socks would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...