Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 2 October 2006

I LOVE living in a small town!


I packed up and relocated my family several months ago and was scared to death it would be a bad move. I knew we needed to work less, have more time together and live without fear of letting our son go out to play. Recently a bunch of amazing things have happened to remind me that moving from Toronto was a good decision. Here are a couple of the really great ones.

  1. I park at a meter everyday at work (I don't have to, it just means I am closer and can get home sooner). Anyway there is a taxi co. right where I park, day in and day out I feed the meter ($0.40 gets me 2 hours here!!!!!) So we were late getting out for lunch and my meter had expired for sure, by amount half an hour, I saw the meter guy going around and knew I would have a ticket. But when I got out there the meter was still active and I had over an hour. (WTF?) This cabbie gets out and tells me he has seen me feeding it day in and day out and so he didn't want to see me get a ticket so he fed it for me. Awww nice nice man! I tried to replace the $0.25 he put in but he refused and told me to enjoy the day.
  2. A couple weeks ago I e-mailed a local scrapbooking store to inquire about studio space. I loved her right away when I desperately asked if I can bring my Starbucks Chai Latte. Marci replied to my e-mail and said she also is a huge Starbucks lover and I was welcome to bring it into the studio. Yay!! Anyway I thanked her for answering all my questions and said I would likely be on that weekend. Well my dad fell ill and was hospitalized so I didn't make it in. Today I come home to an e-mail from Marci, who just wanted to say hello and follow up on our e-mails, since I didn't wind up coming, she wanted to ensure everything was ok with me. Awwww so sweet. nice nice lady!

There have been other things too, and every single thing reminds me that I love my little town and it's locals! It's no Stars Hollow, but man do I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...