Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday 11 December 2006

Christmas party story and POLL

So this weekend was really busy, we had Chris's X-mas party for work on Saturday night. It was at a lovely hotel, and the dinner was succulent. Here is the time line:

1.) Cocktails: 5:00
2.) Plated 3 course dinner: 6:30
3.) Entertainment provided by the drunk people: immediately following dinner.
4.) I start to feel icky (have a bad chest cold) so I head up to our room for the night: 10:00pm.
5.) Husbands coworkers notice I am gone and speculate I must be pregnant since I wasn't boozing it up & wasn't feeling well: 10:30 (can't a person stick with non alcoholic punch and head to bed early without being prego?)

Sounded great right up until #3 didn't it. Well this was the first time I attended a party where the boss gave the only dateless employee a plastic date. Hmmm, are you following here? Yes, I mean a blow up doll. She was pretty little like maybe 4' tall. Not really attractive by blow up doll standards, but she was the life of the party. No one brought a camera... Except me. Now here is the horrible part. I was all set to get picture of Chris and all dressed to the 9's and my camera made a beeping sound... You know the "sorry loser your batteries are dead" kind of beeping. Only I knew I had charged them. So what could it be. I checked everything and then I opened the memory card slot and see it's empty. Yes that's right folks, I left my card in my printer when uploading the last batch of photos. So no pic of the lovely plastic lady. I could have got Chris a raise if I played my cards right on that one... Oh well there's always next year.

I have a special project on the go right now should be done today. I will post pics as soon as I am done?

POLL:
I told you about this weird Christmas party now please tell me your interesting party stories. You all must have some that are unique and I wanna hear them. Come on lurkers, I know you're out there too, now's the time to join in the fun... It will be worth your time!

Coleen
XOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 am

    Oh no. So sorry you didn't get any pictures. Trust me, we've all forgotten to insert the memory card at least once.

    At a Christmas party last year I set someone's table on fire with my fondue pot. Well, not on fire. Some of the denatured alcohol spilled on the table, I lit the thingy, and poof. A horrible burn mark was left. I felt really bad but we fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had ever attended such an interesting party! lol...I really have no stories to tell.
    I've been wondering how often people forget their memory cards at home. My computer is old so I still do it the old fashion way with a USB cord. altho, I did forget my card in the picture machine at walmart once but I got it back ...one of the workers find it right away and knew who I was and would come back for it =)

    http://ndmomblessedbythesweetestlilgirleva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, would you believe there was a freeking blow up doll at my husbands staff party this year also???
    I hope it's not a new trend!!

    p.s. I totally know all about leaving the memory card at home....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have forgotten my photo card before so you're not alone. The blow up doll would have been a crack up.
    One year for Thanksgiving one of my brother in laws insisted that it be held at his house...well okay...you got it! The whole family is there and he can't handle all the pressure of that, so he locks himself in a closet and smokes a joint while his wife is out front getting drunk. Keep in mine none of the family smoke or drink. It was so weird. I'm a pretty tame boring girl, so that's all I've got. LOL! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...