Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 17 December 2006

Update

Okay this has been a long week full of strange happenings. First of all thanks to every one who has been faithfully reading my blog for such a long time. I love that you all leave such wonderful comments. You all inspire me to come up with new projects. For all you lurkers (yup, I know you're out there) feel free to add your 2 cents every once in a while. In the new year I will be doing a great contest so let me know you're out there!

Friday night was fantastic. My best friend Julie threw a girls night/Christmas party. It was a Chinese X-mas/White Elephant/Dirty Santa (everyone has a different name for it) party. It involves everyone bringing a gift of a set dollar amount wrapping it really well, numbers are drawn and you then take turns choosing gifts. The twist is that #2 can steal from #1 and #3 can steal from #2 AND #1. ultimately the best number to draw is the last because then you can steal from anyone. I drew #2, but was thrilled with my choice. I got a HUGE bath set. I was so proud because the gift I bought was stolen 7 times before landing in the hands of it's owner. I had brought Christmas themed things. Oven mitts, tea towels, pot holders, 2 tree ornaments, massive hand painted wine glasses (I use them for a floating candle), and a big Christmas platter. By the end of the night everyone had gone home except the 3 of us who had grown up together, myself Debbie and Julie. We were reminiscing and enjoying the spiked beverages until around 4am. (Soooo baaaad, but soooo fun.)

Last night was my work Christmas party and I sat with most of the older couples, Chris did not attend with me because we had no sitter for Austin. The husband of one of the ladies I work with looked at my cleavage (lots of it) and said to me well I sure don't mind sitting across from those.... I mean you... All while staring at my chest. Then he commented that I should have rubbed sparkles on them to draw more attention. PIG. I had a few other more polite compliments like "you look so great". I thought that was funny, and since I am not a tiny girl it reminds me that even though I am a married mom with extra lbs I can still look attractive! I left that party pretty early though. It's not the same without Chris, he and I have a great time together.

Still looking for bad party stories. If you haven't already, tell me about yours!

7 comments:

  1. I KNOW you looked good! You are a lovely lady. And those guys, well, there are always a few in the bunch! Pigs, a good name for guts liuke that except it is not fair to those poor animals! *laugh* The animals are better than that!

    Sorry Chris could not be there with you. But he was there for you when you got hom! That is what matters!

    I will tell you some bad party stories this week....till then, just never think you can not look gorgeous! I am not small by a LONG ways but it is how you pull it together and I know you did it!

    Have a good week okay?

    Warmly,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. man. i do believe i have no comment after the whole boobie thing. that's pretty funny.
    let's hope he gets a HUGE zit on the inside of his nose that'll be sore for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a FUN time!! We do Dirty Santa at a couple of different get-togethers and is always so much fun. Especially when one gift becomes "popular" and everyone wants it!!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 pm

    Helloooo...I've enjoyed visiting your blog...I don't like lurkers either...why do they lurk? I do not know? How hard is it to just say "hi" and be gone? Well...I'll come back again soon! Blessings! I don't know why I can't post...but it's me, Ashley, from thedraperhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I saw your comment on another blog (Leslie Lightfoot's) & thought I'd check out yours. I thought you looked familiar...then I saw the pics that Jenna took. Love the one of your boy with the graffiti!

    I live in the area too. Looking forward to 'getting to know' you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the white elephant game, but we can only steal 3 times and then the item is frozen. I alway buy things that are stolen alot. It's so much funner than getting stuck with a less than good gift. So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:00 am

    Your party sounds like it was a lot of fun! Wow! 7 times! I love doing the gift exchange.

    The office party sounds like maybe a few people drank too much?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...