Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 13 December 2006

Our Tree & another project


Not the greatest picture by any means but you get the idea. Everyone is posting tree pics so I figured I would follow the crowd and post mine too. Plus you can kind of see one of my projects on the shelf behind the tree.

You can see them well when clicking on the picture and making them large but the jars were just plain ol' jars with a jelly type air freshener inside. Once they evaporated I cleaned them out. Placed alpha stickers to forrm words (like family, warmth, caring, loving etc.) After I stuck on the letters I painted the jars and added some ribbon around the top. Inside is just a bit of sand and a tea-light. Pretty easy. I'll have to take a better pic of them with less lighting so you can see the words through the paint.



Hope you enjoyed this project, it was fun and really easy to do. Using the letters under the paint was awesome. It didn't matter what colour I used so I used left over stickers that were remnants from a very well used set. I always hate throwing them out, so this was a good use for them. At night they look amazing, very warm and cozy looking.

8 comments:

  1. Juts such a pretty tree! And your candles are amazing! Really just wonderful! You are a great talent and I so admire anyone with such gifts! : )

    Have a great day Coleen!

    Fondly,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:22 pm

    Hello Coleen! Nice blog. I am from Turkey :) Good bye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:16 am

    Love the tree! It's gorgeous!
    And what a CUTE candle idea!

    Cheryl

    (www.lifewithcherylwray.blogspot.com

    Blogger's giving me problems, so it would only let me sign in as anonymous. Hate that!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh I like the blue lights, they are really standing out in the picture. Cute candle too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Colleen! I LOVE your project!!! I wish I was so creative! And your Xtmas tree is sooo pretty! Nice that you stopped by my blog! I'll have to check out your projects more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:31 pm

    I like your project with the candles. Very warm and cozy! Love the tree too. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome awesome reuse project love it.
    Your tree is pretty btw.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...