Email Me!

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday 2 December 2006

My most recent project

Well, yesterday I made a trip to Michael's for adhesive. Somehow I managed to run out. (Shameful I know....) This has never happened to me before, I always have a backup. OK so now that I made my confession, I'll tell you what I was up to yesterday. I made some little Christmas gifts. Every year my son does a bunch of little things for family and friends. This year we made cute little jars of scented bath salts.






This is the before shot of the plain old jar. They were quite inexpensive and came in a 3 pack so I bought a couple of them. Kinda cute on their own but pretty plain.






I added some really pretty green "Gardenia" scented bath salts affixed a 2 layer label which reads: "Gardenia Bath Salts- add a small amount to a warm bath for a total body experience" I painted a line of Elmer's glue around the label and sprinkled on some ultra fine gold/crystal glitter to give it a shimmer, then tied on a pretty shimmery green bow. But the beauty was I bought a couple of bags of the salts. The other is lavender so the other jars have a purple scheme



This is the bag I made after watching a spot on Martha Stewart. I adapted it to my own liking but the idea was the same. For anyone who watched the show on Friday (I think). You would have seen that segment. I used a piece of cardstock to form a box bottom-giving it strength, 12x12 patterned paper for the bag and coordinating paper for the tag. I bought a gift tag stamp that says To and From attached that and tied a pretty coordinating bow with a nice gold edge.


So that is what I did with my time. My next project: Homemade Christmas crackers. I have bought all the supplies now I just have to assemble them. I'll post pics of them when I am done.
Coleen
XOXOXO

6 comments:

  1. totally cute! and i can't believe you're making crackers...are you using the toilet roll cores for the core of the cracker?

    p.s. - thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:21 pm

    What a nice gift. I watched Martha and I know exactly what you are referring to. I really like yours. The label you made is awesome.

    Can't wait to see your crackers. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:34 pm

    What a cute and fun little project! Those jars are adorable - I might have to head over to Michael's a check those out! Hmmm, I could do several fun things with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great project. Anyone would be happy to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute jars! I'm lovin all the homemade stuff/ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I didn't see that Martha episode but heard about it...I'll have to check her website to see if the instructions are on there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for a taking a moment to let me know your thoughts! I love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...